When you pay rent for the use of storage facility then it is important that you make the most out of the available space. If you place your items correctly the storage space can accommodate maximum of your items in a small size storage unit so that you only need to pay the minimum amount. Well organized things also prevent damage and ensure your valuables are safe.
The first step you need to take is classifying the items on the basis of their access. The items you need to access frequently should be placed later so that it can be placed in front of the storage unit for easy access. And the items would be required rarely or after a long period can be placed in beginning in order to move them in the corner of the storage unit.
We are going to share a complete list of tips that would help you save your space and money throughout your renting experience.
- Bundle your frequently used items together and place them at the entry point so that when any of the items is required can be pulled out easily.
- While stacking items make sure the heavier one are placed at the bottom and the lighter one are placed above them. So that it doesn’t cause any damage.
- Make sure you keep an aisle so that you can better navigate your space and pull out things with ease.
- Avoid using printed papers to wrap the items so that the color or paint shouldn’t smudge off on your items.
- Make the best use of drawers by putting small items into them.
- While storing gas-powered equipment make sure fuel is completely drained out.
- Avoid placing wooden furniture on the floor, use plank below the wooden items.
- For electronic items the original boxes are the best for repacking.
- Must give a visit to ensure the items are in good condition.
- Be sure the electronic equipment is clean and dry before storing.
- The items packed in the boxes must be given a label for easy identification.
- Store metal items away from the things that are more prone to get stained.
- Prefer wrapping pictures and mirrors in cardboard or paper.
- Must consider stacking breakable items on the heavy items to avoid damage.
- While packing glass or any breakable item, make sure there is no empty space in the box. If it is there fill it with packing paper.